Syringomyelia - anyone else?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, I was born with Kyposis, never had surgery or treatment, apart from physio. Live in constant pain. Am on high doses of painkillers. 3 Years ago I was diagnosed with Syringomeliar. I was wondering if there was anybody else that has either Scoliosis/Kyphoidosis AND Syringomeliar, and would like some tips on how to manage. Thank you.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Janet,

Ive had Scoliosis for 30 years and had fusions. I too am on high pain killers and am having tingling and numbness mainly onn my right. Ive just had EMG testing and the Registrar suspects Syringmyelia. I had MRI yesterday so Im waiting. I too would be interested in hearing if others have had any experiences. Lets hope. How are you doing?

• Posted

Hi I have scoliosis 76 degree curve and syringomyeliar I also have chiari type 1 malformation. I suffer with severe back pain as well as lower leg pins and needles and numbness also neck and head pain and eye blurryness. I'm not quiet sure these days which pain is from which condition I just know it always hurts!!! I really wish I could help but I'm still trying to manage my pain!! I look forward to hearing if anyone else has things to add xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.