Systemic Nickel Allergy

Posted , 1 user is following.

18 y/o female:

I’m 99% sure I have a systemic nickel allergy because I nearly go into anaphylactic shock when I consume chocolate (I take Benadryl and I have an EpiPen), I get random rashes all over my body, I get a rash on my face when I eat foods with nickel in them, and my tongue tingles/burns when I use metal spoons. I’ve been allergic to nickel since infancy, but didn’t have more serious reactions till high school. My allergist doesn’t think that’s possible, but there are specific low-nickel diets that have been created by universities. Could this be a systemic nickel allergy, or could there be something else going on?

(Allergy tests, both blood and skin, say that I’m not allergic to anything, but they didn’t test for metals)

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.