T K R post op.

Posted , 13 users are following.

HI ALL

i had my T K R 5 days ago under a local anaesthetic.

The physiotherapists were very keen to get my straight leg exercising done which i found almost impossible they did force me to get a 90 deg bend now i am home i am struggling to a do a straight leg lift a its so painful the top of my leg thighs hurt it feels like when i do a straight leg lift my leg below my knee is fixed to the bed.

I can get a straight leg but cant lift it from the bed.

I cant bend my leg past 10 deg.

My knee is so swollen which i think is stopping me getting more bend.

I know its a long journey but its so frustrating.sad

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Didn't have a good night took Zomorph this morning still can't lift my leg it's just like lead and my bend isn't improving tops of my leg thighs are tender to touch I had a local and hear everything I didn't realise how much hamering was involved have tried to exercise but it's so depressing when there is no results. My knee is still very swollen I go to get the dressing changed Thursday

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.