T11,T12,L1 compression fracture from accident

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello three months ago I had an accident at work, x ray showed compression fracture of T11,T12,L10 with less than 25% loss of vertebral body high also additional undisplaced coronal oblique orientated fracture through the anterior half of the T12 on the right.

I was wearing back brace(TLSO) for 6 weeks, pain was really frustrating. Then I had a check up in the hospital, x ray showed my back is healing. Doctor said than healing process can even take 9 months, I'm 19 so they said it should heal by itself, without any surgery.

yesterday I had second check up and there's no progress. X rays from first check up and yesterday are the same. Pain got better now and I can do more movements, doctor said I shouldn't worry that it heal in few months and probably I won't have another x ray. I really worry now and I'm a bit disappointed , I just can't understand why there's no change.

I read a lot about that topic, usually they say it takes 8 weeks to 3 months to heal.

If anyone could share some experience I would be really grateful

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello, I was recently in a motorcycle accident and had compression fractures involving T12 and L2 (along with a broken femur and knee). I had to wear a full back brace and couldn't do any sort of bending or twisting or lifting for about 12 weeks. The first few times I got xrays they told me nothing changed. But 3 months later they said it was healing well and I didn't need a back brace anymore. I still have to go back for a 5 month followup to make sure it is fully healed but right now it feels pretty good. You're younger than me and your body will heal pretty quickly, just take it easy, don't lift too much or twist or whatever restrictions they tell you and you'll be better in no time. Don't give up, you'll recover!

• Posted

Uuuggg yuk, Julia 27346, I was in a accident 7 months ago but had two rib fractures, n lacerated spleen, I have arthritis, on some of them vertebrae, in my lower back, hurt it lifting some tents out out a duce n a half, army truck, in 1982,when in the Berlin Brigade Army, but the recent rib fractures from the auto accident, still hurts ,can't sleep on my left side for more than 15 minutes,doc said it would take 5 months to heal, nope, but I'm 56, going down the hole, soon anyway, heard from some other people, with rib fractures they never heal, cold weather?, whatever make em hurt again, but like the other guy said you are in your younger age, maybe add vitamin supplements to your diet, give you extra, calcium, n nutrients, might speed your recovery,clear it with your doc first, I'm giving you a triple master blaster, Johnny heal her faster, cyber energy pulse, boo yaa ,wave 🌊, to help you heal OK, feel your pain, Ernie from danavang, bye bye ttfn

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.