T4 17.9 pmol/L range 10.00 - 19.00 is it high enough to cause hyper symptoms or no?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have so many hyper symptoms Im not diagnosed with anything but really need someones opinion whether that is on a high enough end to cause my symptoms

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi mikal sorry u not feeling well if u have the other thyroid results like tsh and t3 then it would be easy for us to comment ...and if u don't mind what symptoms u r having and how abt ur vitamins levels sorry I'm only asking bcs it would be helpful for us to comment thanks .....samy

• Posted

Hi Samy,

my t3 is 5.8 pmol/L range is 3.5 -6.4

my TSH floats around 1.3 with a range of .5 to 4.5

just overall anxiety feeling hot and flustered skin changing heart palpitations

• Posted

Hi mikal ur t3 is good so u don't have conversion problem ur tsh is in the range have u ever been tested for thyroid antibodies and have they ever done the ultrasound of ur thyroid bcs sometimes goiter and nodules on thyroid gives u symptoms too...like me I'm in a remission according to doctors but I still get symptoms I'm taking all the vitamins which helped me a lot ......have they checked ur vitamin levels in ur body...samy

• Posted

But yes ur both ts are in the top upper range but ur tsh is low r u on any thyroid medication?
    • Posted

Hi Sammy 

Thanks for getting back to me smile

no im not on any thyroid medication,

I have though a mild enlargement of both glands and several cysts. very confusing I do feel so symptomatic. 

what vitamins are u taking?

• Posted

Hi mikal my right side thyroid was enlarged when I was diagnosed was feeling g really good when was on thyroid medication but that was only for 2 months then medication stopped completely but had lots of symptoms then got a lot help from here ...Madge ...Linda ...and Dan ...are great full of information ....vitamins I'm taking b12 with bcomplex...selenium....vitamin c....ferrous sulphate on and off ....and really good high potency probiotics ...I had bad hair fall ...bad pains ...and numbness in my hands which I got controlled with the help of these vitamins ..u have to be ur own doctor I had really low levels of these vitamins still GP did not do any help apart from testing those so I started suppleming myself ask urGP to test u for these and yes vitamin d as well everyday. I think bcs u were taking iodine which is taking u on hypo side according to ur tsh results plus u have high tpo antibodies am I right ur TPO antibodies are high ?

• Posted

Have they ever checked ur antibodies to rule out the cause of ur symptoms?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.