T4 of 12. TSH low.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 61 and until about 3 months ago I was very energetic and enthusiastic.

I recently have been having lots of palpatations. I'm very tired and weak.I get breathless. All heart checks are fine.Im not anaemic.

I'm losing my eyebrows. I have dizzy spells and am much paler than usual.   

I feel at times emotional and weepy but I don't think I'm depressed.

My TSH has is low and T4 is 12.

My GP says I don't have a thyroid problem and to go for some long walks.

I would love to get back to being the energetic person I was.

Any suggestions please?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah, could you tell us what your TSH actually is, you simply put low, you can be too low. Xx
  • Posted

Pippa,

TSH has is 1.45 which is in the normal range I have been told.

• Posted

Yep, that does look a healthy TSH. One last thing you could ask for, to completely get a clearer picture, is to ask for a T3 test. TSH stands for thyroid stimulating hormone, which is sent out by the pituitary gland totell the thyroid to send out T4, however this in turn has to be converted by the body into T3, which is the working version. If you are suffering conversion problems then hopefully a test will tell.

However your next problem may be to convince your doc to do this test. If he won't (it is all extra costs, and docs have been given strict guidelines as to what they are allowed to order,) then he may be willingto order a private test, but you would have to pay for it.

• Posted

Can I ask, are you on Facebook? If you are then a good group you could join for more help, from folk who have not only "been there", but still are, is Hypothyroid UK. There are a number of other avenues to explore, and there are many very willing ears on this group. Xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.