T4 Test Results

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,

I have just has my T4 reading back and the level is 1989.

My GP has not seen a level this high before I just wondered if anyone else has had a reading that high? He ordered a retest and the results came back a point lower @ 1988

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Surely that must be a mistake Lauren as it does sound rather too high.  Let us know how you get on with a retest. 

Do you feel really unwell at all?

Tracy

• Posted

Hi Laurren

That does appear high, I know mine was apparently 'off the scale' last year! I was very sick too.  How do you feel?

Do you have the reference range also? they normally quote the reading & a range of 'normal' eg T4 reference range might be between 10 - 18 but not all labs use the same ranges so its difficult to say if your reading is high, there is not a decimal point in there is there? like 198.9, they are normally measured with one decimal point.

Regards

Ann

• Posted

Try to get a printout of the lab results whenever you get a blood test so you have a record for yourself & maybe start to write down how you feel at the point the blood test is taken, it might help going forward.  Graves is not something that will go away quickly I'm afraid! Plus try to research as much as you can so you understand more about what is going on in your body, you kind of have to take responsibility for your own health I believe because the medical profession don't seem to care!

• Posted

I would be curious as to the results of the antibodies tests, instead of T4.

• Posted

I also want to know how you feel, and what the GP did about your levels after the retest.  Are you hospitalized?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.