tablet filler magnesium stearate

Posted , 13 users are following.

I have a lot of allergies including hay fever but now I have found out I am allergic to magnesium stearate used as a filler in tablets and capsules. This causies reduced breathing.

As I have had a kidney trans plant and have trouble with my bones I am taking a lot of tablets and because of this I am having trouble breathing.

I am using steroid and ventilin spray but am still struggling has anyone any suggestions to help?

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi have spent 4 years trying to identify the toxic substance in various pills that have been prescribed for blood pressure and parkinson's. The common denominator that I have found is magnesium stearate.My symptoms are somewhat different though, I get severe muscle aches, back and joint pain, and a severe lack of stamina. When I go off the pill in question the symptoms subside in about a week. I finally became certain this substance was responsible when I ate five breath mints (Ice Breakers) containing MS and experienced identical symptoms.To be absolutely certain I ordered pure MS in powdered form from Amazon. I'll ingest 0.025 grams per day for 2-3 days. That should be proof positive. Then I'll investigate alternatives and liquid forms of the medicines I need. I'll let you know what I find.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.