Tablets are not working now...

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been on HRT for over 9 years, after having to have a sub total hysterectomy in 2005.

After three months I could not continue with the flushes/feeling low so went on to take Tibolone.

I am now 56 years old.

The past 3-4 years I cut my tablets down to maybe 3-4 a week or less. In 2012 I tried to come off

the tablets with terrible results, so went back on them again. Just the past few months joint

pain has got worse and I have a tingling feeling in my fingers now as if they have gone to sleep

during the night. It's as if the menopause has got worse and even taking the HRT tablets does not prevent the sweats at night now. The GP has changed my tablets to Premique..... I don't feel these are working either.

Can anyone offer any advices - I have tried all the herbal recommendations - they don't work very well for me.........

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Helen how long have u been taking premique and what strength are they? I have been on my premique 0.3 mg nearly two weeks now and feeling better than I did but not fully out of the woods yet, the sweats are a lot less and the dizzy and unbalance is a bit better. This is the worse thing I've ever had to go through and know body prepairs u for this do they. Hugs to u.
    • Posted

Hi Sharon

About 2-3 weeks and yes the same doseage as you are taking.

Who would be a woman eh?

Thanks for the kind words .......

• Posted

I was on a patch for years and every time I tryed to come off felt like I was dying.

I decided to go to a naturopath who was also a GP so was able to order blood tests which showed my hormones were way off balance. He made up a cream of estrogen, testosterone and progesterone. It is all natural and I feel like super woman. I have had woman say to me that natural products dont work but blood tests dont lie either. My levels are where they are supposed to be and I am a new woman. No sweats, no fuzzy head can sleep dont cry am not nervous no mood swings and have a libido again. Maybe you can go down that route good luck xxx

• Posted

Hi Kris - I am having no luck with my GP - they just dont want to know anything about it.  I asked for a referral to a Menopause Clinic - and they sent me leaflets to manage it - would not even give me an appointment.

I know need to go down the private route and I don't care what it costs I need to get rid of this awful way I feel at the moment.  Would you be willing to advise who you contacted..... I really want blood tests done so I can get what I really need to help this condition and get on with life.   Thanks for replying to me.  This is the route I hope to take as well. Thanks again

• Posted

Hi Helen,

I live in Australia so cant help you with who I go to. I did go to a menopausal clinic it was crap. They wanted me to take wild yam and other rubbish which I had a friend who did that cost a fortune and did not help at all.

All I can say is look in the phone book for a naturopath I dont know how it works in the UK. I subscribe to a GP from the states who is all for natural medicine and thats how I found out about the cream so asked the naturopath here about the cream. 

The naturopath cost a fortune but I spoke to my own GP and he is willing to prescribe it for me which here the GP cost nothing. Also there are great health food stores here and sometimes a naturopath runs it. they can help too sometimes but dont get caught up in all the products they wont to flog you. Get the blood test done first my estrogen levels had dropped from 400 to 40 now they are all balanced and I get a blood test done every three months to see if they are still good so any one of the three ingredients I mentioned can be adjusted. It amazes me how a GP can prescribe hormone treatments without checking your blood and hormone levels first.Good luck 

• Posted

Thanks Kris.

I am going to push for blood tests to be taken, and take it from there.

Very good advices... Thank You.

• Posted

I've read your communication with Helen and it all sounds familiar to me . My doctors have been supportive but I don't think they have enough knowledge on the subject, I think they are fumbling in the dark. I've tried 3 or 4 types of HRT and they have side effects that I don't like so I'm trying to go cold turkey with all sorts of supplements along with eating natural and unprocessed diet. I'm having acupuncture today which helps me to cope with some of my menopausal symptoms, I feel stronger and my mind clearer. It's mood swings, irrational thoughts and lack of sleep that bring me down. I have to to get to grips with this so thank you for your advice on seeing a naturopath, I will seek one out today. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.