Tablets dissolving in oesophagus

Posted , 2 users are following.

HI, i have been on antibiotics and, unfortunately have severe reactions to most and, have trouble tolerating the one ones that i dont have serious effects on me. They cause severe chest pains GERD. Because of this i have been treated at home by the IV nurses who have administered two doses that had been diluted and, have been dripped through very slowly. However on Friday i suffered an anaphylatic shock and, was stuck with an eppi pen injection and, immediatly rushed to hospital. Microbiology have almost exhausted all antibiotics that will clear the infection along with the E Coli that has been caused by the UTI infection. Taking them orally is causing awful nausia despite anti sickness meds and, i feel like im having a heart attack constantly. Has anybody else experienced this or, have any advise please. Jan

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Thats awful I am not sure what to say other than in the states we are very careful with antibiotics and Achalasia. Also they cause GERD so I know in your case that you had to have them. I cant take them either they make me deathly ill!

• Posted

Hi Jamie, Many thanks for your reply. I have been administered these last ones by the IV nurses at home and, the drs at A&E or, my GP just dont realise how diffiicult it is for me to get them into my system oraly without awful side affects. I have had on going infection for seven weeks and, would much rather have the infection as it does not make me as ill as when i have to take the antibiotics, they are like poison to me. Many thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.