tablets or capsules

Posted , 2 users are following.

my venalaxafine has been increased fro 150mg capsules to 225mg tablet is there any difference both say xl on box , i am a bit warey of change as i believe your body gets used to things as they are , do they do 225mg in capsules

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi terry. I noticed no difference when changed from xl capsules to xl tablets. They both release the venlafaxine gradually. I take my 225 mg as 3x75 mg tablets, 2 at night and 1 in morning. One warning about the tablets - they consist of an inert framework from which the active venlafaxine is gradually released so don't get alarmed if you see a white tablet coming out at the other end (!!). It doesn't mean the venlafaxine hasn't been delivered, it's just the empty " dosing ball".
    • Posted

thanx pixie22 , can i ask why you take two at night and one in the morning , i take mine first thing in the morning 
    • Posted

My psychiatrist recommended it when I was first Ill, because my worst time was early morning so I took the one dose as soon as i woke (usually 4-5am at that time) to boost the drug levels in my body. I've just stuck with the pattern since then, although I've been well for a year now and I'll be looking to reduce the dose. I do sometimes forget to take the one in the morning anyway!
    • Posted

im so glad you are feeling well , i was on 75mg for about eight years but last year it stopped  working so my doctor just stopped me in a week , crashed big style so been put back on a much higher dose , been on it about two weeks now still waiting for it to kick in 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.