Tablets or patches?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi there, I have been taking elleste 1mg combi for approx 3 months now and although I think I'm feeling a bit better there has been no significant improvement in my low moods. I have been researching and it seems that I may need a higher dose of oestrogen and many of the articles I've read have said that patches or gels maybe the better option?

Has anyone had experience of both types and what are your thoughts? Thanks so much

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well thanks everyone for your comments and advice, wish we all had a magic wand that would tell us this is what's right for you!! I don't think my gp is really that clued up about Hrt and tends to go with what I think (within reason of course!!) I guess it's just a case of trial and error, maybe it would make more sense to up my dosage on tablets first and then move to patches/gel if that doesn't work? 😔 Why isn't anything straight forward!! Anyway thanks again, it's nice to know we are all suffering together xx
    • Posted

Sometimes mel a practice nurse may have more knowledge/interest than your GP. Some of them do extra training to deal with menopause and HRT so if you felt you needed to talk to someone else you could always enquirer at the surgery.
    • Posted

Thanks for that, would not have thought of going to the nurse, will def arrange an appt xx
    • Posted

Hi Mel, I know your post is over 2 years old but I am new to the HRT journey and I wondered how you got on did you up the dose of the pill or did you go for patch. I am on my 4 th month of Femoston 1/10 and they are not helping with my low mood, crying, sex drive, but I am not anxious and I sleep better, I am seeing GP tomorrow but can't decide wether to go on 2/10 pill Femoston or on Femseven patches?? Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.