Tacrolimus

Posted , 5 users are following.

i was just given an Rx for Tacrolimus. Ive just started it and noticing a general burning in my mouth, feels like I’ve eaten salsa, I really notice when I drink something cold. Anyone using this? If so and you noticed a hot mouth, does it get better or go away with time? Really freaks me out using something that says for skin only, I know the steroid ointment was also used off label. This whole thing is getting me down.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Never heard of it but really try the emuaid you can get it from Amazon it's natural so no side effects also my mouth was red raw last week then my homeopath gave me Merc 300 which has completely healed it in 3 days I can hardly believe it ! Keep strong girl you're not alone ?x

• Posted

Thank you Mary, I will look for the emuaid on Amazon! Do you know what the merc 300 is? I don’t feel like the tacrolumus is helping and my mouth burns, which doesn’t help. The betamethazone ointment seems to work better for me without side effects.
  • Posted

I have used Tacrolimus Ointment 0.03% and it did nothing for my OLP. Yes it's strange to put ointment in your mouth which is for external use only, but many dermatologist prescribe it for the inside of the mouth. 

Good luck with it, but I finally had to go to a systemic drug.

Don't get discouraged it took me about three months of trying different medications before I found one that worked.

• Posted

thanks Linda, my dr gave me the 1% ointment, he did mention that the 0:3% was an option because the higher dose could be irritating I guess he was right
  • Posted

I have these inserts that fit over my teeth and gums (my periodontist had them made from plaster impressions of my mouth) I put the dental paste on the inserts and then fit them in my mouth. The medication tubes are tiny and in one week I used three tubes. My insurance won’t refill because they say it is too soon.  I am supposed to use for 4 weeks 2X day. The residue in my mouth is disgusting after I use it. I wind up cleaning and brushing. Probably taking all the medicine off.   I don’t get burning but an awful gummy feeling in my mouth.  I hate the stuff.  Is anyone using anything else with success?

Ellie

• Posted

Merc 300 is mercury but don't fear it's perfectly safe once made into pills it makes me question is it my old fillings that are causing olp I had loads removed over past 10 years and 9 implants in !? Coz homeopath treats like for like !? Am seeing her next week will keep you posted I got the blue labelled emuaid ointment xxxalso smother mouth inside with coconut oil for now

• Posted

Thank you Mary, when I looked up merc 300 the only thing that came up was Mercedes Benz 300......😂 

• Posted

I have heard reports that Tacrolimus does do this at first then after a few days it calms down.
    • Posted

Thank you Jane, I stopped it because I was concerned it was an adverse reaction to it. It also made some areas worse.
    • Posted

Did you have any luck googling emuaid and Merc 200 it's defo keeping my mouth comfortable

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.