TAH Weight gain or loss????

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone. I like to find out how many of you Have gained weight after a TAH. I have to go for hysterectomy because of a enlarged uterus and 10-10cm fibroid!

Don't want to gain weight!!!!

Thanks so much.

May God bless

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Charmain, yes I have gained weight (about a stone) and am finding it hard to lose again, however it doesn't happen to everyone.

• Posted

Thank You so very much for reply. At this stage I'm only 125 Pounds and is very tall. Maybe i can do with a pound or two but i hope i can keep my weight. Thanks for your help :*

• Posted

Hi charmaine. I joined weightwatchers a year before i had my surgery. Not that i knew then i was going to have the sugery but i wasnt in good health so joined for that reason. I lost 2 and a half stone up to me going in hospital and felt bloody marvellous. That was just over 3 weeks ago. I returned to ww last night having missed 2 weigh ins and lost 4 and half pounds. I havnt been active obviously since the op but id been really strict with my food. I believe this hs helped me massively in my recovery. Im in no way saying you need to join ww or any other weight loss programme following something like that while you are recovering might just help and stop your fears of weight gaining. Hope this helps you xxx

• Posted

Hi Sharon. Wow congregations on your weight loss. Thanks yes I'm also very strong on my diet. I will keep doing so after my hysterectomy. Thanks for keeping me positive. I know it's possible and i can do it. Thanks again for help.

God bless

• Posted

I'm 41 and considered slim. Initially I put on weight, but most of it was swelling that lasted six months. Once I was able to be more active, I was able to return to my normal weight. I do watch my sugar intake a little more closely now.

• Posted

Thank you so much Trinjen. That make sense also. Hope i will be so lucky like you. wink
  • Posted

Hi Charmaine, yes, I've gained about a stone in weight since my op last May.  It is so frustrating as I don't eat any differently than before.  I think it must have something to do with hormones etc. mind you, everyone is different.

Good luck with your op.

x

• Posted

Hi Tony. Omw yes it can be hormones. I hope im not going to gain. smile hope you are well? Thanks so much

God bless

• Posted

Hi. I have gained a stone since my op last April but as well as a hysterectomy I had an A & P repair and a tvt so my recovery was longer. Then i returned to my cycling in Aug a few times and returned to work in n sept but started having problems in area near pubic bone so all exercise stopped again. I'm sure if I could get back to exercising I could get my weight back down but issues are halting this at moment. I'm also on hrt which I've heard can cause weight gain but this is a bit controversial so not sure if I'm wanting to blame this. I've found it very frustrating as financially I can't afford to join any slimming classes or a gym etc and my motivation is very low. It's a bit of a viscous circle but I'm sure I'll get there. Eventually. X

• Posted

Hi.

So sorry about your problems.

At this stage i look like a 3 month pregnant women with skinny legs... Lol :D i really hope you are getting better spoon.

Strongs

God bless

• Posted

Hi Charmaine

I had mine in November. I didn't notice any real weight gain or loss but I think my appearance has changed and I'm not as confident in what I wear as I'm very aware that my tummy muscles have been cut. I had an abdominal hysterectomy.

My tummy is still very sore and tender too so that makes me even more aware of it.

Hope that helps.

Get well soon. X

• Posted

Hi Jenny. Thank you so much. Yes i will also be cut for first time every in my life. I feel your pain.

Hope you feel much better soon.

I can wait to go to get out of this pain but i am so afraid also.

Thank you helped a lot

God bless Jenny

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.