Tailbone/coccyx pain from hemmorhoids?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been seeing doctors to investigate sciatic pain that shifts from buttocks to legs/hips. I've noticed that when I'm lying flat on the floor to do the stretches PT gave me, my tailbone is sore. I didn't give it much thought, assumed I needed to stretch in a better carpeted area rather than my yoga mat on a wood floor. Still though its uncomfortable in the tailbone area and I've noticed in the last week that it also is sore when I sit in a chair. I have been driving a lot recently and we just bought new sofas that are harder than I thought they'd be! Before I mention this to the orthopedist who's helping me with the sciatic issues, I wonder if this could be connected to hemmorhoids that are also becoming a nuisance. I've never sought treatment, but maybe its time. Has anyone else had tailbone pain from hemmorhoids?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Yes, coccyx (tail bone) pain has affected me. I have Gr. 4 internal/external hems, too, and it is difficult to distinguish hems discomfort affecting the spine/nerve/anal canal, or vice versa. Have you tried to use a cushion for sitting? A sitting posture that I find helpful is to bend my knees and draw them behind the chair. Sometimes, just shifting the muscles around the buttocks/tail bone helps to minimize the discomfort. I do understand!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.