Tailbone coccyx pain lower back pain feels strange to sit on

Posted , 2 users are following.

For the past week and a half I have had a painful coccyx and lower back which is tender to touch..i have slept on the sofa for over a year so my posture isn't good I'm always waking up with neck and back pain but over a week ago I started to get pain in my coccyx if I sit on it for too long it starts to hurt I also have had some tingling sensation in my legs and pelvic pain also a fullness feeling in my rectum. I saw the doctor who has sent me for blood tests and he felt my back and said it feels really tense and to come back after the blood tests. He thought it may be a nerve thing however the other day I was laying down and it felt like I was laying on something I moved around abit and that feeling was still there I felt my coccyx and it feels as though there is a lump however I don't know if this is anything as I have never felt my coccyx before but I know when I lay or sit down it feels more prominent than it used to. I previously had a blood test for bone cancer and the blood test came back clear for that but I am now worrying that it wasn't picked up on the blood test..the pelvic pain I am having could be something else completely ad I have had pelvic pain for 3 months now along with other symptoms which doctor thought was caused by stress.. has anyone had anything similar

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

unfortunately I suffer from the same thing. many years ago I started bringing a cushion with me in my car and brought it into restaurants or doctors offices or anywhere I had to sit. Didn't have upholstered seating like a couch. I don't know about the bump as I have never felt my coccyx either. Is it at all possible that you have not been eliminating enough. In these last 3 months?. Pleaseobviously you're going to want to show them to your doctor I'm sure he or she will have some answers to that problem. good luck to you keep us posted.

• Posted

I have tried to eliminate things I have had internal scan on my ovaries for my pelvic pain, I have had bone cancer blood tests,smear tests and numerous other blood tests..when I get stressed out I get lots of really strange symptoms all over my body but this is different. I was hoping when I went to the docs the other day they would send me for scans but all they seem to want to do is blood tests

• Posted

Also do you get burning sensations in your back and coccyx area?

• Posted

No, no burning pain. But if your doctor is refusing your request for either an MRI (which is the better one) or CT then go see another doctor. And ask specificity for an MRI of your coccyx, SSI Joints and lower back. A regular X-ray will not show damage to the soft tissue the way an MRI or CT does. Remember it's just you and the doctor in that room so you've got to be strong and advocate for yourself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.