Tailbone discomfort and possible rectum prolapse

Posted , 2 users are following.

It’s so uncomfortable sitting as my tailbone seems very sensitive, I also believe that my rectum is  prolapsing.  Initialy I was treated for piles, but after a recent colonoscopy proved  that it wasn’t the cause of my discomfort in that area.

i have also a cystocele and rectocele  both grade two.

Can anyone relate to rectum discomfort when sitting.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had tailbone pain before op (rectocele) still have it : (
    • Posted

It doesn’t hurt when I stand just sitting especially when in a soft chair.
  • Posted

Hi Taff! Yes I had rectal discomfort sitting and standing and walking and tests said that I had internal rectal prolapse, rectocele and enterocele. If it is mild PT can help.

Hugs!

• Posted

Thank goodness Im not alone. It’s  so painful sitting and nothing has been picked up yet, although my GP said that she thought my problem was connected to the prolapses.  

Im going to make an appointment to see her again to see where we go next as I can’t go on like this being unable to sit comfortable.

• Posted

Can’t you get a referral to see an urogyn? I’m sure there must be something they can do. Don’t you want surgery? 
    • Posted

I have already seen one and had a pessary fitted and diagnosed as stage two cystocele and rectocele.  No follow up apart from with the nurse to change the pessary. Now that’s I have had it removed by my Gp I don’t need the appointment.

i had a colooscopy recently to rule out other things but I am non the wiser"

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.