Tailbone MRI - Does it look broken?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

I've had pelvic pain since I was 10 years old (25 yo male). I recently got an MRI and the doctors said there was nothing structurally wrong. My PTs have always told me that my tailbone was crooked, so I just purchased my own MRI readings. Of the 2000+ images, there were 3 that included a picture of my coccyx.

I've shown my PT and a few other people online and they all said that it looks extremely angled, and could be broken between the 3rd and 4th vertebrae. Looking for more opinions before I go back to the doctors that said nothing was wrong - please see attached images.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It certainly looks sharply bent. However, the internet contains many images of tailbones with varying degrees of bentness.

are you forced to use that doctor? I would take your MRI to a different doc if I were you.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply! Yes I just dropped off the MRI at my GP's office and they're going to take a look, hopefully they can confirm that this could be the cause of my chronic pain. Even if it can't be 100% fixed, I just need to know what the cause of my pain is.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.