Tailbone Pain - Linked to Crohns?

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello,

just wondering if anyone would be able to help me out as to whether the tailbone pain I'm experiencing could be linked to the fact I have crohns disease?

I've had crohns for 2 years and have had this pain on and off now and again, but for the past week or so its been constant and I can hardly even sit down!

would be glad of any suggestions or relief advice, thanks!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello, I have had Crohns disease for since 2012 I've had tail bone pain an high pressure at my lower back an butt, I think it's more too do with the muscles an tendons around our body becoming inflamed too, which would cause other pressures an strains when trying too compensate our muscle use? I'm only 24 an definitely no expert in anything medical, I am also someone who does have tailbone pain time too time. I have also thought it could be sitting down awkwardly as for me a lot of things hurt? the more normal an regular things like walking standing sitting? So that alone will cause extra strains an tensions an pressures? It's worth asking a professional in Crohns an inflammation. I.e a gastroenterologist. they should be able too give you more information! good luck.

• Posted

hello Mike thanks for your response.

that's a good thought I hadnt looked at it that way before. my sister also has crohns and she would get tailbone pain but only when she is constipated.

however I seem to be having it constantly now!

I will see how the next few days goes and contact the GI team if needs be I reckon...

thanks again, stay safe!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.