Take Anxiety Meds!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I am A 45 year old female that was in really good condition and have always exercised and eaten healthy. I was diagnosed with EBV about two months ago. The first couple of weeks after my diagnosis I thought I was dying. I was in and out of the hospital and had never been sicker in my life! This past week or so has been better and I am continuing to get strength and energy back etc.

One thing I wanted to encourage people with is that if you have the severe anxiety/panic disorder that came along with my mono or EBV diagnosis, take anxiety meds. I’m telling you, I put it off for so long, but once I started taking a really low dose it helped me so much focus on my healing rather than being in a fetal position not wanting to go on with life because of how bad I feel/felt!

This by far has been the worst thing I have ever experienced in my life and I am praying that it never returns! My doctor actually thinks that I got reactivated mono after being diagnosed with Covid in early January and I have underlying autoimmune disease and all those things combined have been the worst thing I have ever had to endure in my life!!

I promised myself I would come on here to help people because I know reading stories that were similar to mine helped me so much and still do. I can also talk about my symptoms if that would help anyone!

Blessings!!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.