Take Kalms while on medication?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, anyone else know if taking Kalms can affect your medication?

I don't know if its how bad my Anxiety and Depression has been or its the Kalms I've been taking clashing with my medication. I've always taking Kalms now and again if I get stressed out at work.

It never seemed to be a problem before or has my medication stopped working? Please help! X

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

It says on the instruction leaflet NOT take it if you are or have been taking other medications and to talk to the doctor or pharmacist first.
  • Posted

Hi Arya,

I've never really taken Kalms before but I heard it helps with sleep and stress. Try and research about it or speak to your doctor and see if it affects your medication. x

• Posted

Thank you. I'm going to talk too my pharmacist about it now. smile x
    • Posted

Your welcome. Hope everything goes well and the medication helpssmile x
  • Posted

Fluoxtine 20mg for Anxiety, Panic attacks and Depression.

Stupid question I know, but I find when I do take my medication, it makes me feel ill like I'm starting them all over again. I'm starting to wonder if this is the cause of it. I've been on fluoxtine since I was 18, on/off as I didn't want to rely on it, if you know what I mean. X

• Posted

Also I use too take Kalms years ago and never had a problem with them then, so don't know whats changed now. x
  • Posted

I wouldn't have thought taking Kalms would be a problem as they are herbal and quite mild and shouldn't interact with the antidepressants.

It is important to take the antidepressants every day at the same dose. If you are taking them on and off it is likely to make you feel worse as the serotonin levels in your brain are changing which will be very unsettling on your mood.

I have had very difficult time even gradually reducing the dose of my antidepressants, with effects of anxiety and feeling tearful and low.

I found if I reduced the dose too rapidly or missed a day I would get a funny rushing feeling in my head, it is a quite common withdrawal effect and I have seen it described as brain zaps.

Hope this helps and you feel better soon.

• Posted

Antidepressants can make you feel ill for the 1st 2 weeks while your body adjusts. If you are still feeling ill after that then you are on the wrong one for you. Fluoxitine seems to be a common one that causes nausea and feeling under. There are many types out there. I am on venlyflaxine and have been for years. I cannot cope without it. Sometimes you also need to increase your dosage to make it more effective. Speak to your doctor first.

Hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.