Take more water with it!

Posted , 7 users are following.

We all know the benefits of drinking adequate amounts of water during the day and I have also read that sufferers of arrhythmias would benefit from this because water adds volume to the blood which makes it less " sticky" and makes it easier for the heart to pump.

I've upped my consumption to around 2.5 litres per day which I'm hoping will help with my atrial fibrillation. I will try anything to be normal again.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I've upped my water intake also.  Also, do not take any of the medications on an empty stomach -- the order should be eat first, then pill on top of the food with at least a glass of water  .  It seems to have helped with the heartburn and indigestion.  Thanks for you advice.
    • Posted

Double bubble benefit, it also helps with weight loss if necessary.

I usually stop drinking water at 6pm to prevent visiting the loo too many times at night!

• Posted

Definitely agree. Had a cardioversion a few months ago that I believe was due to dehydration.

I've been told(but need to confirm) dehydration  can also impact on magnesium and potassium levels, which in turn, can bring on AF.

I now consume 2-3 litres of water every day.

Definately think it helps.

• Posted

So do I. It can't do any harm and may be part of our answer.

• Posted

I agree.  When I had my first a fib a month ago, I was dehydrated.  And had an a fib attack once a week after, for a total of 4. I haven't had one since a week ago last Monday.  I have been keeping hydrated and taking magnesium and potassium since.
  • Posted

I have been in Persistent Afib since Oct 2015. I found weight loss and being correctly hydrated made a huge difference. I probably drink 3-4 litres a day but also ensure I drink an Electolyte replacement drink as well, too much water can be harmful as well.
    • Posted

Interesting. What electrolyte replacement do you drink?
    • Posted

Gazza you are the only person who has said too much water can be harmful - this is very true as I had a friend whose kidneys packed up. What electrolyte drink is suitable ?
    • Posted

any ideas to lose weight? I try but only amounts to a few pounds which dr . said probably is water weight. I am a senior and impossible to lose stomach wieght.
    • Posted

I just use one of the premix ones like Powerade if at work or get a mix your own one from the supermarket or chemist. Not sure what they have where you are, I use one called Hydolyte.

• Posted

I just use one of the premix ones like Powerade if at work or get a mix your own one from the supermarket or chemist. Not sure what they have where you are, I use one called Hydrolyte.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.