Taken Celexa for 24 weeks now, still need reassurance.

Posted , 4 users are following.

So, I've been on Celexa for a total of 24 weeks now, I took 10mg for 5 weeks, and 20mg now for 19 weeks and it's been a journey. I started taking it for anxiety, and panic attacks, and the doctor feels I had some depression too. I had GAD pretty much every day, and occassionally had panic attacks with them for probably the past 15 years and I have taken zoloft 2 times in the past which I think helped but like most I went off them when I felt better, after that I just took clonazepam as needed for panic attacks which I had taken for probably the past 10 yrs. Since starting the celexa though I haven't needed it as much after the first couple months, and now its been 3 months since Ive taken any at all which I feel is a good thing. The issue is I've been on the celexa for quite awhile now and I can't say I feel a whole lot better, still have that detatched feeling, and feel like my thoughts are still distorted, and I don't feel like me very often at all. I would say the panic attacks, and ocd (intrusive thoughts) have improved, and I don't really feel too depressed but the other things that are still happening and so bothersome I'm not sure what to do. The doctor wants me to increase the dose to 40mg but I'm too scared to do it, but then again I don't want to get stuck in what I feel like now for the rest of my life either. I am just so stressed, and confused, and just want to feel halfway normal again and I feel like I have given this celexa enough time to work. It's been 6 months now.... If anyone can let me know that they went through similar and that I'm not just going to be like this for the rest of my life, please feel free to add your experience.

Thank You

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I do truly appreciate all the replies, It helps me so much feeling more 'comfortable' in knowing I'm not alone in this what would be a pretty scary road to feeling better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.