Taken off

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi been to see docs, been told to get taken off them after 10 months as they are really not helping me enough, also with side affects bothersome everyday.. im so disappointed that i be back to square 1.. will start new A.D in 2 weeks. x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi... I'm so sorry it must feel disappointing. I'm wondering if it's same for me too... I don't know what the meds are supposed to make u feel like... I don't think I feel better... I don't know. Do you think it's just the type of AD?

• Posted

hi im sorry to hear that but i think im in the same boat as you .

ive been on 150 mg for nigh 2 years and like Megthe girl (previous response) im none the wiser how to lnow if they work as i still feel low, worthless and very dispondent about life . TRUE i feel i have problems that can not be solved by meds but i would of thought that the tablets would of free me of my OCd and anxiety snd at least hive my mind a more positive being . I HAVE LOST THE ABILITY TO THINK RATIONALLY AND THOUGH MARRIED FEEL VERY freightened AND ALONE AND FEAR LIFE @ I have everything as an early retiree that government ram down your throat yo prepare for ir financially ok but what with my husbands job ( im hay byw) and moving to HAMPSHIRE uk and if honest missing family and friends i feel isolated and inmotivated yo do anyrhing other than stay indoors alas my life was my job and i mever invested in wprk life balencr so feel i have no interests and people would not like me as i have a terribly low self esteem . Please can some one tell me in their opinion how sertraline should make you feel ?

Sorry about typo errors

• Posted

Yes omg thank you... I've asked on this group before... How are you SUPPOSED TO FEEL on sert? Perhaps someone with a great experience can comment?

• Posted

ive been on AD before but not these ones, they are totally different from what i had before for 15 years, because i was having a lot of dips, they took me off them and put on seratline. They dont make me feel as what i was on for 15 years.. i relaised due to too many dips, it was the menopause.. if you dnt feel like you uses to before these meds, tell doctor, but be firm with them.

• Posted

hi david, I will try and answer your question about what these meds are meant to make you feel like, in a nutshell they are meant to make you feel like you, I am sitting in the sunshine by the river and thinking to myself I like my life, I am neither happy or unhappy but content, I have no anxiety, no intrusive thoughts, no worries about being alone or what the future will bring. The changes you have been through recently would make any of us out of sorts. you have changed your whole life and everything in it. you need firstly to get back to liking yourself and then work on what you have to offer in your new life, not what it has to offer you. try to plan 1 new thing to do every week, if you do it great, if you do not then hey no big deal, leave it for another time. stop looking from the outside in and start looking from the inside out, you have a lot of life experience to offer, you are a worthwhile individual and where you live is a great place with lots to offer, you have the freedom to live your life you way you want to. Ok nagging session over with now, whatever you decide to do I wish you good mental health and contentment x

• Posted

Hi kells, sorry to hear that sert is not working for you but please do not be scared to try something new. I spent 6 months on citalopram because they had worked for me before but it was 6 months of hell and was so very fed up that I had to change to another medication but within 2 weeks I could feel that sertraline was going to help, wish I had done it sooner and not wasted 6 months. I am sure your Dr will find something better for you, maybe you need a snri rather then a ssri, there will be something out there to help you, it is just a case, unfortunately, of trail and error and time. I wish you well with the next stage of the journey

• Posted

Hi sue thanks for that, yes ive been having the Trycylic type AD for years till it was swapped to the SSRS type and not feel as good as the Tryclic AD.. so thats the case.... hopefully back on my old ones will help. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.