Taken Prednisolone for 4 years now what should I do

Posted , 10 users are following.

i have been taken Prednisolone for 4 years now because of my skin infection i take the drugs irregularly two weeks ago i took 40mg of the drugs now I'm having the effect of the drug my doctor said i cant stop it but reduce it which i did but I'm still having the side effects what do i do now I'm scared.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Be patient - what side effects are you having?

It would help if you could be clearer - are you on a low dose or no pred normally and how long were you on 40mg?

• Posted

40 mg was what i was taking for asthma short sharp shock treatment but only for 5 days.

Didnt feel at all good but it did work. Now on predisolone for Polymyalgia but started on 20 mg and it has taken 3 months to reduce to 17 mg.

Try cutting down slowly if only by half a mg a weel or every other week .

Your doctor should be advising you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.