Taken the first blue pill...

Posted , 2 users are following.

Okay so I've finally plucked up the courage to take my first blue pill (after nearly 3 weeks of putting it off and many meals out wit friends later)

I just wondered if anyone had any examples of meal plans and what they've been eating just so I can start off on the right food and avoid any accidents early on which I'm sure will put me off completely.

Thanks smile

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I've lost 4 1/2 stone since April 2010 and am now at the same weight for the last few months.

I made myself a personal calory/fat counter book (using a A5 size A-Z book) and kept a food diary for the first three-four months.

I followed advice from here and don't have more than 30g of per day (no more than 15g per meal) and devide my fat intake like this 5g breakfast, 10g lunch , 15 for tea. Any you don't have can be used on low fat snacks.

I spent ages looking at food and looking for lower fat alternatives.

I use 1% milk for my breakfast and in my drinks. I cut down to a cup of tea in the morning and about 2 cups in the evening and drink no added sugar squash ( because I don't like water by itself). I have a drink of Asda good for you hot chocolate before I go to bed. I try and remember to drink a cup of flavoured green tea a day.

I eat a variety of things for breakfast such as weetabix, mini weetabix, cheerios, special k, two rounds of toast with flora lighter than light & a little low sugar jam.

For lunch I usually have salad (which I put in a plastic chinese takeaway container when I'm at work) consisting of wafer thin ham, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, grated low fat cheese or low fat cottage cheese.

when it's cold I have a cuppa soup, baked crisps or Velvet crunch chilli crisp things, and sometimes a chocolate or caramel snack a jack.

For tea I have things like a jacket potato with tuna with low fat mayonaise or low fat cheese,

or a weight watchers ready meal or Asda low fat ready meal - from the freezer,

or a packet of batchelors flavoured rice.

Followed by a weight watchers low fat dessert or low fat yogurt, a jelly or low fat trifle or low fat yoghurt icecream or low fat custard or rice pudding.

I try and eat an apple after my main meals and eat a satsuma or banana mid morning.

I must admit I frequently didn't take tablets most of the weekend but am usually very good. I do take time off the tablets for the occasional meal out or birthday but eat far more sensibly or less than I used to.

For Sunday lunch I cook pork loin chops or chicken & wrapped in foil sprinkled with olive oil, chopped peppers, chopped mushrooms & onions ( already bought prepared in a big bag from freezer ), boiled vegetables, jacket potato & gravy & often some potatoes roasted by sprinkling olive oil on them.

My treats include the occasional Turkish delight/Curly Wurly/two finger kit-kat/ a few Wine gums/midget gems/maltesers/mini milk lolly/mini twister lolly/ Go ahead Crispy slices or cake bar.

I don't drink alcohol very often but occasionally have a couple of glasses of alcohol and then drink J20's.

I think the key is to eat a variety of foods, to give yourselve a treat to look forward to otherwise you wont stick to it & when you do fall off the wagon don't beat yourself up get back on as quick as you can and be extra good to make up for it.

I found I became obsessed with food to begin with but it wore off after a few weeks and I found I could look at lots of naughty treats & more often than not either only have a small bit or not have any as I realised how hard I've worked and decided I'd rather do without and eat a low fat snack instead.

I eat far more now and far more regularly.

If I can do it with an under active thyroid gland you can to. I used to be a size 20-22 now I'm a size 14-16. (incidently I lost 2 1/2 stone before most people noticed) I haven't lost any weight for the last few months but people think I'm losing weight& say how good I look so I think I'm toning up as i've been able to take my dog for walks throughout the light evenings and summer holidays ( I work in a school)

Sorry this is sooo long hope this is of some use

Good luck :D

• Posted

Wow what a post!

I have my has off too you well done xxx

You have done so well amazing and you sound so positive that what I lime to hear. I am just sick of watching weight! Boooo

I will keep on and on and on

• Posted

Hi me again

that's the right attitude :D Keep telling yourself why you are doing this- For yourself- your health, your self esteem. Believe it is worth it.

Mid April 2010 I weighed 107 kg (just under 16st 12 lbs)- I lost 4 1/2 stone in a year . I now weigh 12st 6 lbs and have stayed about the same since give a couple of pounds either way. My nurse asked me to go down to 2 tablets a day then one a month later but to be honest I have hardly remembered to take them. I is far easier to remember to take them two or three times a day than just once. She is really please with me but I am disappointed that am still at least 1 st 10lbs over weight. I have about 5 pkts of tablets left over ( my nurse doesn't this so I might start taking them again 2 or three times a day just to see if I can lose a little more.)

It really is worth it - I did it for me and my health but the comments people make really does boost my confidence.

Keep going, work hard at it and you will reap the rewards.

When I first lost a kilo (2.2lbs) I thought \"All that effort for that\" but when I was putting the shopping away I realised a bag of sugar is that which I realised is heavy and does take alot of space up. I would not be able to put the equivalent number of bags of sugar in my cupboards and would not be able to carry them.

Just think any loss is better than a gain and it soon adds up

By the 'weigh' sorry way my new favourite treat is a weight watcher chocolate eclair delicious & if I've been really good i'm really naughty :oops: & eat two.

Keep going- make yourself a chart to record your weight loss. I wish I'd taken measurements as well as I think this helps when you realise you have lost inches some weeks when the scales show nothing.

Another tip try & not go on your scales more than once a week, preferable at the same time of day and with your scales in the same place.

COME ON YOU CAN DO IT :wink:

• Posted

your posts have been so helpful and so far everything seems to be going well! (minus the blue pills i didnt take today because of a family roast)

Thankyou for your mammoth post!!

x

• Posted

Hi glad things are going well for you

Having Sunday roast shouldn't be a problem as long as you are sensible it gives you something to look forward to :D

Keep us posted or your progress

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.