Taken wrong meds

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all

Sorry for the first time post in this forum, but I am looking for some advice.

I have been a long term suffere of spinal problems, nearly 11 years, I have had all the operations, injections and trials but they can't do anything, so I take about 50 tablets or so a day. I am normally good at sorting these.

However the last week to ten days I have been sleeping bad, and my brain is a little blurred. I been sleeping less than 2 hrs a day and I wake 2-3 times.

I wasn't concentrating with meds tonight I am meant to take 150mg of amertriptilin but I got them in 25mg due to a shortage in our area, but I have just realised I actually took 30mg of oxynorm in one go, this was about 2 hrs ago, I feel really lightheaded, shaking, sweats and all, should I just grit tears and hope I can be ok in Morning or should I call a ambulance. I know it sounds silly but I hate wasting Dr times, and I also hate hospitals now due to to much time spent.

Thanks for advice in advance.

And sorry it's about this as first post.

Gonna get wife to do a pill box for daily now as she's worried I'm gonna do something like this again.

Regards

George UK

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I think thta you should try to get medical avice. You could ring 111 or 999 tthe paranmedics can check you out, do an ECG etc and then if you do not wish to go to hospital they can contct the Out of Hours doctors.

I don't think you should be waiting until morning given the signs and symptoms you described.l.

• Posted

Are all these drugs prescribed?

The dr can instruct the chemist to put the drugs into a dosette.

• Posted

Sorry George. Only just saw this, so i hope you're ok. It's probably best to be safe and go to the hospital but  you should be ok. Are you use to taking Oxynorm and take it regularly? What dose if you do? If not, my guess is that you will just get very groggy or stoned from it but with the anxiety, you may feel even worse because you took it by mistake. Best to get checked or call the poison hotline in USA or 111 if in England and ask for advice. You can call emergency number and ask as it's a genuine worry. They may be able to just tell you you'll be fine. Sorry this happened to you George. All the best.

• Posted

Thanks Both for your replys.

I did call 111 and they told me to A&E, lucky there is one 1/2 mile from my house.

They just monitored me and was all ok, had to see psychiatric team just incase it was an attempt to hurt myself, but they said they believed it was an accident, and was happy my wife will take over my meds. They advised to see GP to try and adjust the pain meds to help me sleep.

Again thanks for your advice was very helpful.

Regards

George

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.