Taking 1500+mg of tramadol

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I started taking tramadol in August 2016 when I broke my back. It says a now almost November 2016 and I'm full blown addicted. I am at 1500+mg a day yes I said that right. I get it from my dr 120 a month and obviously that's not enough I found where to order online. It's expensive though. And now I'm at the end. I want to stop so bad but now I'm physically addicted. I have fainted 3 times which have caused injury to me falling downstairs breaking things hitting my head ending up on hospital. I have come to find out that it's because of the high dose of tramadol I'm on. Apparently it's a seizure. But the drs don't know I'm on it so much. I did tell them I take tramadol but not a lot. I'm afraid to get honest because my husband will kill me that I did this. I used his credit cards for the online

Ordering and because I'm getting all theses tests done wondering why I'm fainting and drs can't even figure it out but I know why (I think). I mean that's got to be why. -so I took a suboxone from

Someone today no tram for 19 hours. Anyway. Is there anyone that has been where I'm at at least similar?? Or help? Should I tell my dr the truth? Can they see suboxone in my system if it checking for subs? I'm going into hospital for a tilt table test tomorrow and now am scared they will see subs in my system. I was ok

With them seeing tramadol in it because I was supposed to be on that. Please help!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

first of all you need to be really careful about seizures with that medicine at that dose, and yes the subs will come up as a opiate positive test. you haven't been on the tram at all that long so you shouldn't have that bad of a problem the best thing to do is tell your husband give them to him and ask him to give you one less every day

• Posted

Yes, by all means, be honest with your health care providers. They can give you something (probably a benzodiazepine) to prevent the seizures.

Also, do your homework. Start with the wikipedia entry on tramadol, and learn what this stuff actually does. Even many doctors do not realize that tramadol also acts as an SSRI antidepressant, and fail to treat that side of the addiction.

• Posted

I'm scared that they will judge me. And I don't want my husband or anyone to find out. I have a tilt table test tomorow and I'm scheduled for it. I can't tell them now that would be a waste. So I'll call my primary tomorow after that and see if she can get me in because o have nine left and will be feeling ill. I hate that feeling. I ABsoluteky hate it. And I have a family to take care of. Thank you. I can't keep it a secret and try to do it on my own but I also can't let my husb OR anyone else find out.

• Posted

I'm not sure where you are, but here doctors cannot tell others about your condition without your permission. And don't worry about judgement, it doesn't matter if they do, or not. What matters is getting this done, and getting control of your life again. 

Personally, I'd recommend coming clean with everyone. If it causes damage, you can repair it. And it just may give you the motivation you need to succeed. And the biggest bonus? You'll get this weight off of you. 

• Posted

Hello, My name is sally. I have been addicted to tramadol for around 15 years. At my worst, I climaxed to an unreal amount of 30 tablets per day. I am most certainly still suffering, however. If there is anyone out there wanting advice I urge you all to visit your local recovery partnership and ask for Subutex to ween you off tramadol. From there you will be led on a course to reduce your intake and hopefully of them all together. Please if you need any more advice, message me and I will try my best to help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.