Taking 25 1/2 MTS of ZOLOFT and completely, completely wiped out,. Is this normal feelings ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

please help! i had to have my sister come to visit because i couldnt even make dinner, write out checks, make appointments, daily chores. Is this wiped out and completely numb feelings normal after 3 weeks of zoloft?? my sister said dont stop zoloft. it will get better. i just cant sit here and do nothing and be numb, iam going crazy. Any suggestions?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Zelda,

I have been on Zoloft for 8 weeks now and the first few weeks were brutal, I had almost every side effect in the books( nausea, poor appetite, intrusive thoughts, high anxiety, insomnia, sweating etc) even when I was on 12.5 mg or 25 mg. Three weeks ago I increased to 50 mg as 25 mg was not enough any more. The first few days on the increased dose were rough, but not as rough as in the beginning. Now I feel much better, not 100% back to normal, but am definitely better in the sense I still get some anxiety and intrusive thoughts, some nausea every now and then, my sleep has improved. Since intrusive thoughts are an OCD symptom and I am not 100% back to normal, my doctor has suggested to increase to 100 mg, which I am willing to but I am also afraid the increased dose may cause side effects. For now, I am taking 50 mg and some supplements like L-theanine & Gaba (Stress gummies) and B12& Coenzyme Q10 (Energy gummies) that seem to work. When I have rough nights, I usually get melatonine, but it is only every now and then.

My advice is keep going with Zoloft as,in most of the cases, it works and usually starts working after several weeks when you reach the dose that your body needs. The first few weeks I was a mess and it was this support group and other ones that kept me going as I wanted desperately to go back to normal, which is my case is not a 100% anxiety free one, but a "normal" that I can deal with and do not feel like I go crazy. Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.