taking a break, and not happy about it :(

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am taking a break as I have been suffering chest pains. I was admitted to hospital as they thought I had a collapsed lung or a blood clot. Thankfully it turned out to be an infection on my lung alongside a nodule. They have referred me to the respiratory team for another ct scan to make sure that it doesn't grow or change. I am finding it very difficult to eat at the moment as the pain in my ribs worsen. I want to feel better before I start again. I know it sounds weird but a small part of me thinks maybe the tablets had something to do with it as it happened not too long after I started them. I know it is probably coincidental but it's just a little nagging feeling at the back of my mind. Do you know if anyone else has had pains when breathing in after having these tablets? I am gutted though because I weighed this morning and I am 12st 13 that's a 6lb loss is 1week 6 days which I was over the moon about. 

Sorry for the rant guys hope ur all doing great xxxx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

So sorry to hear that, hope you feel better soon. You have to do what feels right for you. Well done fir that loss, I still don't seem to have lost weight but feel like lost inches. Keep us informed how u get on take care xxx
    • Posted

A good friend always said to me "it's not about the numbers on the scales, it's about the number on the tape measure and how you feel". If I'm gonna be honest I ignored it because I was so focused on the digits on my scales but I guess there is truth in what she says. Have you tried measuring your self with a tape measure and every now and again re measure to see the loss?  If the scales are not moving but you feel better then maybe what you are loosing in weight you are gaining is muscle? Keep up the good work xxxx
  • Posted

Hi there well done for you loss thats brilliant x as for your health that must come 1st once your all sorted and a clean bill of health you can restart the tablets but only on the doctors advice hope things go well for you hun keep us updated good luck stay positive xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.