Taking a huge toll on me

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I've actually been doing really well with my "psychical symptoms" came to the conclusion there is nothing wrong with despite the hypersensitivity and occasional pains in my heart.

Now I'm struggling with something far worse in my opinon, I've been getting weird and scary thoughts and thoughts of going crazy non stop and can't get the thought out. If I'm working or with friends I'm perfectly normal but as soon as I'm alone with my thoughts it's a war in my mind. I have seen a therapist and told me it's impossible to go crazy and reassured me it's just anxiety and I have to change my thoughts but this is so hard and scary, I feel like breaking down at times or I'm gonna pop or something hard to explain. Question has anyone else gone through this with their thoughts and feeling like this? Is this just another case of anxiety? Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hiya luv,I've been through this still do every now and then,when your on your own put music on to help distract your mind or read a book xx
  • Posted

Hi

This is the only thing that has helped through all these problem. The one and only sentence,

"this is going to be over one day!" and it really is cause im getting better i can see it.

For your case im sure it is the same. Nothing lasts forever. One thing that i have realised in this forum is that all patients here are young. Between 14 to 33

which means all people might go through this somoetimes in their life especially the ages that you are trying your hardest putting all sorts of pressure on yourself just to do perfect. This is the case for me and i ended up with severe anxiety and feeling of going crazy and loosing my mind.

Please be strong and keep away from everything that is causing you anxiety.

Wish you get better soon.

• Posted

Hello Reyaneh, just picking up on something you said - ' all patients here are young between 14 and 33 '  I'm afraid your Information is wrong. Anxiety / Health Anxiety can hit anyone at any age. Anyone can face a trauma in life which can trigger anxiety or another reason that triggers it at any age or stage in life, people in their forties, fifties and so on can suffer also - sadly not just the ' young ' . Their is no age bracket and it is extremely traumatic for anyone suffering this condition there is no age range.
    • Posted

hi x

yeah it was just my personal experience on this forum. thanks you for your information. very helpful

best

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.