Taking a New Perspective a True confession

Posted , 5 users are following.

As the Meniere's disease migrated its way into my life I was faced with a variety of changes.Health issues began, I could no longer operate the business that I built from the ground up.Now I can no longer work and earn a living because my symptoms are chronic, I began to watch my abilities vanish before my very eyes, so many things I used to do, I cannot do anymore.I began to lose my independence, I needed help with things until I adjusted to my new unexplored world. This was depressing to say the least! I became very sensitive about everything and just wasn't a happy person. I was focusing on all the things I could not do, I felt helpless, and through a few pity parties. Then one night I wheeled my chair over next to the bed, slid on to the bed, telling myself this is where I belong. I tossed and turned all night and didn't sleep a great deal. I stayed in bed pretty much the whole next day except for a few bathroom trips.

During the day I turned on the TV and was watching some sitcoms, this p****d me because everyone was walking around and making jokes at each other and would laugh. This did fit into my world at this point. Then there was a commercial about Saint Jude's Hospital, I watched this commercial as I seen all the little kids facing serious issues, I thought what am I doing!! I became outraged with my own ignorance! I thought to myself this is the day I will make some changes, no more pity parties, no more feeling sorry for myself, I am fortunate, only too stupid to see it.

I began to see in a different light, no longer blind to the obvious. I realized how fortunate I was to be alive and have all the opportunities if life to make things better. This was my steeping stones that led me down the path of reality. I had some work to do, first fix my mind, and then work on changing what I can and accept what I can't. I hope this will confession will help someone.

God Bless to all      

ø¤º°`°º¤ø-:¦:-•:*'""*:•.Bertman •:*'''''*:•-:¦:-ø¤º°`°º¤ø

4 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Bertman, 

I am not quite where you are yet.  And your words are always so encouraging.   the other day I seen that same commercial as we all have and just cried.  Cried because those precious babies are stronger than me.  I figured out That I was being selfish to myself and to my family.  I have major balance issues and my husband shoveled to the dirt so I can get outside.  He always says fresh air is the best medicine.  I walked back and forth the path he made me.  It felt great to be outside.  I still am healing from my surgeries but it’s time to quit feeling sorry for myself and live.  Even if it’s not doing all the things I use to do!  I am great full to be alive.  I just happen to have a condition call Menieres!

Thank you Bertman- I really needed your talk today.  

• Posted

Hello Willow, Thank you for your response, Its always good to get feedback on my mental state at this point 

You know this meniere's will make you crazy, Meniere's is the root of my fully developed tree of health issues. None of my issues existed prior to developing Menieres to include ocular and cluster migraines. It's a wobbly ship we sail and the current seems to carry us astray. Best wishes 

Bertman 

• Posted

Hello Bertman

Beautifully written, and as always it's a pleasure to read . . .

Thank you

• Posted

Hello Sharon, Thank you, Just thought I would share one of my many mental mishaps 

Have a great day ø¤º°`°º¤ø-:¦:-•:*'""*:•.Bertman •:*'''''*:•-:¦:-ø¤º°`°º¤ø

• Posted

Hello Bertman. Thank you for sharing your story. I like you have been through a similar wave of emotions, but despite this debilitating disease, the days I feel bad about myself I need to be reminded that there’s so much to be grateful for. I think we need to learn to channel our emotions by helping those around us. This forum, for example, was created by someone who had the foresight to share their MM disease in the open thereby bringing relieve to other sufferers. I’m grateful to them. And I’m grateful you were brave enough to share your story. Stay positive and know there is a purpose for the trials we all face.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.