Taking A Shower Just Drains Me

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does anyone else feel like a shower completely drains you when you are suffering from anxiety? It is the strangest thing to me.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Yes I have had that feeling. Do you have naturally low blood pressure? My daughter does and she gets really fatigued in the shower because what happens is the warm water dilates the blood vessels which further lowers the blood pressure    So she can even get a little dizzy  at times. 

• Posted

Sometimes a hot shower or bath seems to tire us out, try reducing the heat of the water and if you are disabled you can get seating for a shower cubical, the same for a bath. You could have words with the GP to arrange for an Occupational Therapist to visit, they will look at your bathroon and suggest changes, this service is generally for a Disabled Person. I have just completed my bathroom for my disability and they gave advice and fitter various bits of disability aids.

BOB

• Posted

Everything seems draining when anxiety is cycling. Time slows down and its just a weird existence till it calm down and stops.its hard to laugh or find things enjoyable, not depression its because of the anxiety going on. Hard to explain. But it feels like i am existing not like when you feel normal and do stuff and enjoy the day
    • Posted

It's amazing the exact feelings from another sufferer

I take comfort from you comments

Please stay strong and your not alone

• Posted

You just explained EXACTLY how I feel. Unfortunately, I have had anxiety for 2 years without a break from it. I can't wait to feel normal again one day. Thanks so much for your comment!

• Posted

My heart races sometimes when I get out of the shower, like I have been excercising so that makes me so anxious.
  • Posted

yeah happens to me too! do you have showers with really hot water? cause i do and i think that's it when you have showers with really hot water! having anxiety can really contribute to it as well.! best of luck and i really hope that we will all get through this one day! 

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. I do not take hot showers. I take very cool showers. I think I am just exhausted from the constant anxiety. Best of luck to you as well. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.