Taking a toll

Posted , 3 users are following.

In November 2012 I was off road and rolled my Jeep I broke c6 dislocation so the fuses c5,c6,c7 I also fractured my back in a few places. My peripheral neuropathy starts in my cervical and goes down to the bottom of my thoracic and then goes to my hands then on to my right leg and both feet. I have constant pins and needles while burning on my neck and back it feels numb and burning at the same time, my hands ache and tingle most off the time. My left leg and both feet are in burning pins and needles. I can’t where shoesfor more than a few minutes without catching fire that’s all I can describe it as. A lot of the time I don’t move or walk because it burns terrible. Ive had to many meds for the pain and neuropathy. I get trigger point shots around 20 a week sometimes I get a few days where I’m not totally in compasitated. The pain and burning is taking its toll on me and my mind. There are days that I wish I was paralyzed. I know it’s not the way to think but most days my depression and pain get to me and I sometime feel like no going on. It’s a terrible thing to live like this but I continue to get out of bed every day. That’s my story and I would love to hear how you deal with this life. 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

So sorry to hear of your story.  You may find solace in a group that i’m in for Arachnoiditis which it sounds like what you have. Has anyone mentioned that to you? Most of the people in the group have had multiple spinal surgeries etc.

We all support each other.

There’s some good progress with Stem Cell therapy, that we’re watching closely. 

I hope you can find the strength to keep going and find the thing that helps you start living too. 

• Posted

Jodie hello, yea I have  I don’t no how to spell it mialflasal periphial neuropathy. See I was thrown out of my Jeep I flew 30 feet and then the Jeep landed on my left shoulder breaking my neck I had a lot of other broken bones I just don’t have all there names in front of me my head injury and fluid around my broken neck smooshed my spinal cord it took my a long time to be able to walk without help or a walker now I walk with a cane is all. So you see it’s not just my lower half I have neuropathy tingling and burning from my neck to my feet. 
  • Posted

I have preferial neurophy in my feet a i really have and felt your pain. I have tried just about every pain medication or treatment that you can think of. The best treatmrnt that has helped the most was going through a program at the local hospital. The program was called Mind-Body Wellness. This is a mental health program to help you manage both the mental and physical pain that you are experiencing. The progam helped me enormously in dealing with the pain i was experienceing. I would highly recommend this type of program if it was available to you. 

Good luck, persevere and never give up!

• Posted

joh13240 yea I don’t know where you are but where I live is a small town and a larger city 2 hous away.  With that said my general practice doctor here is by far the best. All of those other programs that big hospitals have we do have some mental health but it’s threw a computer my counclir is 10 states away talking to me through a webcam trying to help my deppresion and ptsd it’s tough I mean they try really hard to help but it’s hard for me to get comfirtable with talking to a screen look I’m not making excuses I’m trying everything that comes and some programs that don’t help just keeps me busy you know what I mean. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.