Taking Amlopidine 5mg - my problem is incontinency and constipation

Posted , 3 users are following.

big time - the medication calmed down my blood pressure and completely put my bladder and colon muscles to sleep

Anybody has the same embarrassing side effects, and what did your doctors say to that?  Mine said never mind, continue to take the pills.  I am also very tired, can't form an intelligent thought, could sleep 12 hours.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I am off this drug now, but it stays in your system for around 6 weeks, one minute I have loose stool, next for days very constipated, what a life! I have problems sleeping, sometimes no sleep at all, dont want to go down the road of sleeping tablets.. Hope your problems calm down... 
  • Posted

I have started to experience constipation and flatulence after being on this drug for several months. I also take Valsartan as well. I never had a problem until starting on Amlodipine besylate.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.