Taking anti-acids and still being sick

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been put on omeprazole 40mg for my acid because I've kept on being sick and bringing up acid but I still can't stop being sick. I've tried other methods of to try and stop my acid but it's not working and I've been to the doctors twice after taking a week course of both different anti acids. The doctors have advised me a lite diet and I've tried but I'm still burping up acid and gagging. I'm running out of options and I don't know what to do

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear of your problem.

Have you been able to identify any particular foods that cause this?

Acid suppressants like omeprazole are excellent at reducing acid but may not prevent your nausea. Your doctor may prescribe domperidone (Motillium) or metoclopramide (Maxolon). These are anti-emetics which may help.

Meanwhile, follow the standard reflux reduction advice. Do not overfill your stomach: eat little and often, and avoid anything that will put pressure on the abdomen.

• Posted

I can't seem to eat ceral or pasty as far as I know and I can't take anti sick tablets but never tried anti emetics.

I also don't take to well in drinking water.

• Posted

Hi it's just a thought is it defenently acid? Could it be bile how's your gall bladder, that would explain the sickness. I was put on omprazole but it made me worse causing a lot of stomach pain and weight loss. I had gallstones 30 years ago and thought they had gone but have now found out they are calcified. I have been told that's not what is causing my pain etc. I think I have silent reflux but a lot of docs don't recognise it. Hope you get it sorted soon.

• Posted

I have lost a lot of weight because of this and my stomach is very tender and in pain. I wake up and my stomach is hurting. L and doesn't seem to settle at night as my stomach is in so much pain. Maybe I'll ask the doctors about it. Thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.