Taking beta blockers for palpatations for overactive throid

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am taking half beta prograne for over active thyroid 3 weeks now last week the palpitations seemed under control but since 2 nights ago there back stronger and also starting to feel anxious again did this ever happen anyone else? I feel all my symptoms are returning before u was Starr treatment

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Same happened to me just before Christmas - and worried me so I went to A&E and was monitered for  several hours. They didn't seem too concerned and said only worry if your heart rate got much faster. It hasn't happened again.
    • Posted

This also happened to me . I have subclinical hyperthyroidism and nodules on the goitre which is untreated.

I also have heart block and the beta blocker Cardicor .25 mgms was prescribed for long qt syndrome. I did not realise that a beta blocker could be prescribed for hyperthyroidism.

• Posted

Whoops. Cardicor meant to write that the dose is 1.25 mgms a day!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.