Taking bets......roulette

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just taken my 30mg of mirt and 5mg of diazepam.

How long will it take for me to go to sleep? 10mins, 20mins, 30mins

How long will I sleep for until I wake up? 1 hr,2hr,3hr ?

Take your pick sorry there isn't a prize.

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Tina, based on my history, and 1 mg lorazepam, no distractions, I'll take the 10 minutes. Just relax, close your eyes, and don't think of anything. And I will take 7 hours. Good luck.
    • Posted

Sorry you missed the 10 mins as I'm still awake eyes are aching now, 7 hours straight sleep would be good though, I'd like that one.
    • Posted

I didn't know that you were ready for bed. You neede to shut off your computer, turn off the lights, and a little gray noise like a small fan should do it. Is sleeping problems the reason for the mirt?
    • Posted

No I got changed from citalapram to mirt for depression but still keep waking up several times at during the night. your right better crawl into bed I suppose. I'm just being a rebel because I am fed up feeling so down and want everything to stop. sleeping makes it go away for a while trouble is you have to wake up again.
    • Posted

hopefully....feeling a better frame of mind
  • Posted

oops was this a good idea head feelingvery dizzy now and double vision, anyway too late now it has been done. Will have to accept the consquences.
    • Posted

Well I'm still awake and and hour has gone by. So I assume I will crash and burn soon...
    • Posted

You won't crash, you will softly land in a cloud. I just had a short prayer for you. Good Night Tina
    • Posted

Thanks David I like the thought of softly landing on a cloud, it sounds so peaceful.
  • Posted

Tina hi,

Did you get a good nights sleep?  I hope so.  What came first Tina, the depression or the insomnia ~ think carefully and let us know.

Wishing you well.

• Posted

Good night's sleep, no not really woke around 2, then wide awake after 4am, went on line, read few pages of my book, dozed until the alarm went off. Got up 7.30.

I haven't had a good night's sleep for years, before my husband passed away I had disturbed sleep due to his illnesses etc he would sometimes get up and sit in the lounge so not to disturb me, defeated the object as I'd wake wondering if he was ok. So then came the depression.

• Posted

Hi Tina, How you feeling today. 

Dont despair there's a lot of lovely people on this forum willing to chat and help if they can.  Just keep chating with us.   We all know how you feel.

Do take good care of yourself.

• Posted

I have found the people on here so wonderful, caring and understanding. It is so reassuring knowing someone is there. I hope one day I will have the strength to be able to repay the kindness people have shown me.

I spoke to my GP today, work this one out she is giving another prescription for diazepam as I am really struggling isn't that asking for trouble? Or does she trust me to be sensible.

Thanks again to everyone x

• Posted

Hi Tina,Yes she does expect you to be sensible,and I hope you will.

i take Mirtazapine and Diazpam but I don't take them together.I take my Diazapam about 7-30pm then I take the Mirtazapine just before I go to bed.

Dont take them together The Diazapan is just for relaxing you,it's not really a sleeping pill,so just use it as a relaxant.  

If if you can't sleep for reasons you say above have you tried asking for sleeping pills instead of Diazapam.

Please take care Tina and keep talking to us if you wish to.

• Posted

I was given 7.5mg of zopiclone a couple of weeks after my husband death, didn't really help.

I've had a good talk with my bereavement councillor this afternoon and feel a bit more relaxed, a nice warm bath nd maybe just maybe a relaxing evening.

Thanks for your advice 're diazepam and mirtazepine will try that this evening.

• Posted

Oh,Great Tina,I hope it works for you. Have a good night,❤️😉

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.