Taking birth control for two ovarian cysts, now I have terribly sharp back pain. Help! :/

Posted , 2 users are following.

My ovarian cyst journey started two years ago, I always took the symptoms as just really bad cramps, or maybe a possible pregnancy. I've been through three doctors, all of which have blown it off except this last one. Anyway, my first doctor prescribed birth control on my first visit, and pretty much told me I was a spoiled white girl seeking attention, my second doctor claimed they "didn't have my name in the records" on the day of my first ultrasound, and finally this last doctor has done something after months of agonizing pain. I've had four ultrasounds, two of them "disappeared", and on one I was falsely told one of my cysts was cancerous. My last doctor prescribed birth control last month right after my last menstrual. I was told to start taking it on the first day of my next menstrual. Well I took it earlier this morning and got tired so I took a nap, when I woke up I was having lower back pain right above my butt. It's very sharp and hurts pretty much any time unless I'm laying perfectly still or if I'm standing. And to make matters much worse, my period hasn't been normal yet, only spotting/very light. It's pink in color and definitely doesn't look normal. I'm not having any other symptoms that would lead to pregnancy but ovarian cysts are very tricky. I'm thinking maybe I should wait a few days to see if anything changes and if not then make an immediate Drs appt. Suggestions?

Thanks!

-Heather

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Not really, the one on my right ovary is liquid and solid mixed and the one on my left is liquid I believe. They haven't been very descriptive. I know the one in my right is mixed. 
    • Posted

The reason I asked is that there are a certain type that cannot be treated by birth control. There are several types I know of simple, complex and Dermoid which I have (I know these cannot be treated that way). Ask your gynae or GP which type you have as the treatment options for each are different.
    • Posted

Oh okay. I'll make a call Tuesday. The pain has went away but something different happens everyday, I've had different pains every day and the cramps are getting worse. Hopefully things will get better (: 
  • Posted

I talked to my GP and she said just to let things ride for three months. If I have anything severe like fevers, bad cramps, dizziness, etc then I should go to the hospital. 
    • Posted

ok and hugs.

Three months is the time they allow for them to resolve as as many dissapear in three menstral cycles.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.