Taking celexa and the effects in general

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been taking citalopram 2 months. It has helped alot but my anxiety is hitting again. Anyone else having this?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Me! I've been on it for 3 months. But I'm only on 10 mg. my anxiety. Just recently started bothering me

• Posted

Hi Daisy,

Hope you have been okay since we last spoke.

I have also just replied to Stefanie and as I suggested to her it may be that, like her,  you now need an increase as the dose may be too small to carry on repairs and you just have not found yer level yet.

However, you must talk to your Doctor about you and she/he will decide if an increase is advisable. Also please, do not take any un-precribed drugs as what is good for one may not be good for another and that is why we always advise talking to your Doc first.

Have a Good weekend.

Regards,

David 

• Posted

I'm afraid to increase it. And it sucks because I know I need more. I have a couple good days in a role. And then a couple bad days in a role. The anxiety is still really bad in the mornings.

• Posted

how long have u been in medcation ?

ask ur doctor about it

but I think u will have more good days a if u increase the dose until bad days disappear

don't be afried

increase the dose not bad as starting the medcation , also haveing some sied affect for some days batter than lifeing with anxiety everyday sad

• Posted

My doctor wanted me to increase it but I told

Her no because I didn't dare. I start a new job in about 2 weeks. Maybe it's time now to increase

• Posted

Hi Stefanie,

You didn't mention what dosage you are on, but as it is only a couple of months I guess your on 10mg or 20mg? It may be simple to remedy with a small increase however, you must discuss with your Doctor and she/he will advise accordingly.

We are all so miraculously different that with most sticking plasters for the brain we have to find the right dosage to find our level where repairs can be made and we become stronger. So, make an appointment and talk it over with yer Doc.

If you do increase you must understand that you may (or may not) get some increase or ne side effects with the increase, but as I said you may not. Just be aware. However, these may not last long and at the end of the day you have to accept that you are gradually getting better!

Regards,

David

• Posted

Oops! 3rd paragraph second line ne should read new.

One more thing please do not take non prescribed meds, always discuss yourself with your Doctor.

David

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.