Taking citalopram for a 3rd time

Posted , 2 users are following.

Im wondering if anyone has successfully taken cit for a 3rd time? I regret going off of it. I originally started to take it after a traumatic event that didnt involve me but needed the support It worked great, I went off it after a couple years only to end up

going back on it for several years. Ive learned the hard way that when something works, just stick to it. Here I am needing it a 3rd time due to uncontrollable anxiety, panicky, insomnia and if I do fall asleep i wake up a short time later with an anxiety attack. Its debillitating. Im praying the cit will work a third time. im only three weeks in and no improvement yet so i have clonazepam and now a sleeping pill. Its very overwhelming to go through this as its out of control. Im afraid to fall asleep because I know that i wake up with anxiety already happening. Im hoping to hear this med can work a third time

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am on third time of taking and should not have stopped it really but Dr thought I should but anyway been back on for 6 weeks and waking up with the anxiety is the worse for me but I'm hoping that it will ease off eventually. I was five weeks at 10mg now a few of 15mg and am going to increase to 20mg.

• Posted

Have you started noticing any difference being at 6 weeks? i took a zopiclone for the first time lastnight and one hour after going to sleep i woke up abruptly with some anxiety. Its so beyond stressful. I thought i was doomed to have another poor sleep but I did go back to sleep. Im hesitant to take any clonazepam today if my anxiety heightens. Awful awful feeing

• Posted

Some diffence yes as I have better evenings just mornings that are bad. I have started to take meds at 6pm now as it was at bedtime to see if that makes any difference to the morning

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.