Taking Iron Supplements for 10 days -Still Feeling Tired, body aches

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey there. 

So two weeks ago, in thursday, I  felt like couldn't breathe and according to doctors, had panic attack. A few days after I made a blood test, its results were showing that I was lacking Ferritin (4.59) , D vitamin (5.76). My liver enzymes were one point higher, and doctor checked those organs with ultrasound, everything was clear according to them. -I could swear that while checking my left side of body, the man who was taking my ultrasound said "tyroid" but after showing my results; my doctor didn't mention it nor give medicine for it afterwards.

I took my D vitamin a few days before I take iron supplements. As iron supplements, Doctor gave me a syrup (20x5ml) and I am taking it twice in a day, in morning and before having my dinner. 

10 days had passed, I feel better but my body also became strange :D My shortness of breath, panic attack seemed to gone, but I feel like my body aches are still there. Sometimes I feel little pain in my chest, under sides of my chest, stomach muscles, or even my back, or abdomen.. it really changes. Sometimes I feel tired, then i becoming good, then feel tired again. My eye lashes,brows, sometimes my hair are also seeming to be falling down if I caress my eyes. So... I am really worried, is that normal that these are happening during these, or do I have another problem? 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I also am anaemic and have infusions. I get these odd pains too, usually in bed in the mornings when I wake but then they clear up when I move around. Odd. No explanation and no causes found by doctors.
    • Posted

Hey there, first of all thanks for your reply.

When I told my doctor about body aches, he said it's normal to get bone/muscle aches while I was lacking Iron and D vitamin. But after starting to use medicines;my body aches/feeling tired continued still and I got worried.Hence why I asked.

• Posted

Hi, ferritin level is used to measure of the Iron store, 4.57 is very very low, should be between 15 to 150 female, do you know your haemoglobin level ? this is the iron in the blood, for a female should be between 12 to 15, it takes some time to raise iron store ie ferritin level probably a few weeks, I found a very good iron supplement, Bisglycinate iron capsules, I opened up the capsules into about 100 mils of water with effervescent vitamin C tablet in it, stir well, did this twice a day, raised my ferritin from 39 to 138 in 3 months, iron supplement absorbs much better taken with vitamin C, I don't know about reading for vitamin D, but if you take vitamin D you need vitamin D3 supplement, it's the sunshine one, works much better, vitamin D2 is the plant one and not so good, you can check this info online.

• Posted

Hiya, thanks for your reply aswell.

My haemoglobin level is 9.6 g/dL

As iron supplements, I am taking oral sol. which is a syrup. Doctor gave me 3 boxes of those syrups (as I mentioned in my first post 20x5ml) Today is my 10th day, I've only finished one box. And I'm taking them twice in a day. As you said, I'm also trying to take vitamin C, as after I drank that syrup, I drink orange juice/tomato juice immediately.

The thing that worries me is, my body has become so complex now. Sometimes I feel tired,sometimes my throat gets dry,sometimes I feel active,sometimes I even may lose my apetite but gain it back.Sometimes my body aches, especially my lower chest, or my back... my eye lashes pour out if I try to scratch my eyes, as well as my hair. Everything became so fragile as you can see :D

Are these happening because of I'm lacking those vitamins still?

• Posted

Hi, vitamin D deficiency seems to have a myriad of health related problems, the things you describe all seem possible with lack of vitamin D, but if you take supplement it's the D3 you need.

• Posted

Hey, I had a fever last year which last for a month and it was too high my all reports of Malaria, typhoid , dengue and even tuberculosis tests were clear doctor only found the deficiency of iron in my blood my RBC count was lower then normal I took iron supplements for a month I felt better for a while but later on I felt the same having very low blood pressure, warm body and had fever this year in the same period of jan-Feb still i’m Having the same problem and facing too much weakness with low blood pressure and headaches .

I feel so dizzy and tied .

I don’t exactly know how to overcome my iron deficiency so I could feel fresh and healthy .

• Posted

Hi 

I will suggest you go for a second opinion with another clinician who may suggest further tests. if you are very worried do not rest until you get a solution and be put on the right treatment.

good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.