Taking lanzaprazole

Posted , 3 users are following.

I’ve struggled with this drug with headaches and nausea. I also take b blockers. Does anyone else get these affects.  I am taking the  drug after endoscopy which suggested v early Barrett cells. I’ve got the loose muscle from oesophagus to stomach but never taking lanzaprazole again! Is it the only option? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried pantaprazole (Protonix)?
    • Posted

Many thanks. Will check it out. Now prescribed esomeprazole 
  • Posted

There are many different PPIs that are all as effective at reducing acid as each other but some are tolerated better than others by some. Speak to your doctor and try a different one - eg omeprazole or pantoprazole.
    • Posted

MAny thanks. Seeing doc next week. He’s now suggested esomeprazile. Will see what happens. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.