Taking Lercanidipine tablets

Posted , 4 users are following.

Can I take after breakfast instead of before (as recommended) as I have problems with taking tablets on an empty stomach. Any advice welcomed..

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I always take them after breakfast but I usually have cereal for breakfast.

It's only if you have a high fat meal that you might get issues.

High fat means you'll get a higher level of medicine in your blood.

I've taken one of these after a high fat meal and not noticed any difference.

I take two tablets of 10mg a day so I do not get such strong side effects.

One in the morning and one in the afternoon.

When I forgot to take the afternoon tablet and took it late in the evening

I woke at 02:00 in the night with a racing pulse and that kept me awake for a few hours.

• Posted

Hey Roger,

Well I think, doesn't matter either you should take before or after breakfast. but as we have always recomended never take it in empty stomach and as you said you have some problem too, so I think doesn't matter. you can take it after breakfast too...

• Posted

Hi, I am now totally confused, I take one 20 mg tablet per day , before breakfast and as indicated on the package I.e. 30mins to 1 hour before food.. By definition , this is on an empty stomach , as it is before Breakfast, yet one of your replies suggests the exact opposite ....'don't take on an empty stomach' ... I think clarification is needed from some official medical  source here , including a time reference on how long after food is it ok to take this drug.

any ideas anyone ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.