Taking medication and have the flu?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have started taking citalopram 10ml. The first time couple of days was okay but day 4 on wards I have had a sore swollen throat,

feel lathargic

cold like symptoms

Now I have a sinus cold. It feels like I have been hit by a truck. I am really tired too.

Did any one else get these when they started there medication? Thanks in advance

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I had a headache and fatigue on and off for 2 weeks. The dr may have mentioned to you that you might get symptoms for s couple of weeks? It should settle down, or you might just have a cold? Call your dr if you are concerned

• Posted

Hi jessica32039.

When i first started taking medication i felt like i had the flu. I was exhausted for a while but i recovered and the medication started to work for me. My advise would be to take it easy for a while. I think it took me eight weeks until i felt better.

All the best.

• Posted

Hi Leigh,

Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate it. It may just be a coincidence I'm not too sure but I'll take it easy and see the doctor if I'm worried.

Thanks again. smile

Jess

• Posted

Jessia

Sounds like you have a wiinter cold, keep warm, pick up some cold medications at a chemist and i should clear complete by  end next week

Keep a hold

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.