taking mirtazapine for the 1st time tonight

Posted , 1 user is following.

im taking mirtazapine for the first time tonight and from what ive read on here im absolutely shitting myself i get bad dreams anyway i dont want them to feel like im in a film getting chased by zombies or something , i got started of on 30mg last week but been putting it of taking it but tonight im going to do it as the depression and anxiety and panic attacks are to bad to cope with my doc wants me to go up to 45 when i see him next just came of lustral as they did nothing , and has anyone got any ideas to avoid the weight gain (besides not eating) , anyway am i right to be scared infact shitting myself taking them for the 1st time or am i pannicking for nothing ? how long do they take to work as my depression is so i can see my christmas being horrible , so any info's great ,

thanks people

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

the time is getting nearer for me to take the mirtazapine and im getting well stressed about it , anyone got any good advice ?
  • Posted

Hi Carter have just read your post. No doubt you have had the best sleep you have had in ages. The drowsiness may continue during the day.I was very sleepy for the first few weeks and I felt very numb and out of it. I did experience increased appetite and weight gain. If you are overweight like I am then maybe join a slimming group or healthy eating programme. I still oversleep and I still have very lucid vivid dreams that seem real. I f your dreams trouble you then you'll have to chat with your doctor. This add on of mirtazapine has been very useful for me and is helping me get better. I hope it works for you too.
  • Posted

thanks pooh bear didnt think anyone would answer my question , ive only had 2 tablets so far , i have had vivid dreams that seem real but not had my 1st nightmare but i no it will come im a little over weight , but i have read in a magazine that there is something called slendex a herbal tablet that dont interfere with medication and its getting great reviews that its helped everyone who takes it even celebs are raving on about them so i went on there website and ordered a months worth maybe if people on mirtazapine knew about this it wouldnt be a problem , i will let you and everyone no how i get on i will send a different post on this site if they are all there cracked up to be cuz if there as good as people say i think people on mirtazapine should no , so fingers crossed , x

regards.

• Posted

Not sure what to do about the dreams though. Anyone else any suggestions?
  • Posted

you cant control dreams pooh bear you just have to ride the waves knowing you will wake up ive never heard of anything you can take to have nicer dreams or stop bad dreams so i dont really no what to say on that score but if ur worried about weight gain then slendex definately works , regards ,

carter.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.