Taking Mirtazapine whilst working night shifts

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I have been taking Mirtazapine for just over 2 weeks now, and it is working quite well, I have certainly noticed a change, and on the couple of times when I have forgotten to take them, I do notice it and start to have bad thoughts like I used to.

The real question is that I am about to start working nights, shelf filling at Tesco's, which I am really excited about, I am definitely a night owl, so that suits me, but I don't know when I should be taking my Mirtazapine, as my Dr told me to take them in the nights before bed, so my thought was to take them before I went to bed the next morning instead, but then I have two nights off a week, and this throws a spanner in the works obviously, cos I don't want to be taking two doses in one 24 hour period... What should I do with this situation? Should I take it on those mornings of those days off, even though it isn't before bed? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

H Liam

I think you should ask your doctor.

Good luck with the new job

• Posted

Definitely take them in the morning before you go to sleep. On your days off, I would take them an hour and a half before you want to go to sleep. I don't think it will harm taking them a different time two days a week. Just don't take them before you need to be active!
  • Posted

Yup what Evergreen says. I would take them after work, just before you go to bed. On your days off you would take them also 1 hr before bedtime and you'll sleep like a baby. (That's me at least. They knock me out within 30 min)
  • Posted

Ask your GP what you should do:  you can't be the only person working nights on this medication

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.