Taking my first pill tonight

Posted , 5 users are following.

still on fluoxetine but the dr said take it tonight and start taking Mirtazapine little bit worried cause all the bad reviews i see coming of it but is it ok to half t he pill to 7.5 mg and start there will it make me feel terrible curious if this pill little scared tbh  but the Dr saids this pill isn't dangerous 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

guess i will leave it dr says the pill is safe and reassures of this but on here seems terrifying to take this pill
  • Posted

When I first started taking it my weight and  blood pressure went up. I went back to doctor who got his book out and said no similar side effects in book. Wish now he had checked this forum. It might not be "medically dangerous " but why do so many on this forum say "I wish I had never started it"

• Posted

I would be very cautious and do much more reading before using this.  There are many who wose drs dont know the full facts.  Its hard to withdraw for a start, but read, read, read.

• Posted

Doctors have no idea how difficult this drug is to get off. They don't recognise them as addictive or you will suffer with withdrawals. They don't really know how they work that is the worry. Keep reading up but it won't take you long to realise how many people are suffering trying g yo get off it myself included.

• Posted

Nobody on this forum would be foolish enough to advise another patient NOT to take a drug prescribed by your doctor.  We are not medical professionals but in my opinion the doctors know very little about this drug or many of the ADs they hand out and refuse to accept the very serious side effects many patients experience when they try to taper or stop this drug.  Therein lies the problem.  Nobody wants to be on pills forever but this drug has proven very difficult to stop.  And then the nightmares begin as there is NO withdrawal support from the medical profession.  

I feel very strongly about the evil side effects of this drug that I have reported it to the medical agency regulating the safety of medicines

• Posted

Hi Ann

We may have responded to each other before I think.  I discovered a link via a radio programme on mental health.  There are some decent medical professionals who are truly appalled by this attitude that ADs are not addictive.  And/or there are little or no side effects when stopping.  The more people that report these drugs the more likely positive steps will be taken. 

The medical regulatory body has a yellow card system to report drugs which they will then investigate.  It's easy to report 

• Posted

So what should i do i am in a state Fluoxetine isn't doing s**t this new pill is terrible and i shouldn't go on it but the Dr wants em on it says it's safe what should i tell him no i don't want to go on the drug 

• Posted

One thing I would do before taking anything the doctor prescribed is research. My doctor stopped something I'd took for 20 years overnight and thought it would be OK to just swap it with something else. That's how little she'd knew and left me in a right mess. Only now have I finally found a doctor that has given me some answers. He was horrified what previous doctor had done. There is some good doctors still out there but they are few and far between.

• Posted

Well Spoke to a Pharmacist from NHS today she said try half pill tonight see how it goes then try a full if all goes well then keep at it but if don;t like it stop taking and just continue on with the fluoxetine she also stated that these side effects that people go on about are s mall percentage at the end of the day the pill can have some side effect to mild to severe doesn't effect every body some people don't even experience anything.  Just sayign i am a freak am terrified to take pill took me months to start Fluoxetine this pill is scaring me too i can either stay the way i am which is feeling ill or take this pill have a high chance of it working or i can listen tot eh small minority of people on here who have had bad experiences with this drug and never take it if it feel to weird for me i will stop it right away sure i'll be fine if i give it up after couple try if you an even do this with drugs but better give it up then that wait year down the lien to regret it i guess plus am on a low dosage 15mg which al half to 7 to start with 

• Posted

Give it a try then. I'm in 2 groups and know of 100's of people suffering being on this drug and trying to get off it . Chances are it's a high percentage of people having trouble not a small one. They only actually tested this drug for a period of 6-8 weeks. Give it a period of no longer than 6 weeks to see if it helps.

• Posted

Hi Pudsey

There are more people suffering side effects from attempting to stop than the medical profession will admit to.  The reason for this is they are advised by the big pharmaceutical companies.  The big drug companies run trials which are at best biased and unethical.    At this very moment the council for evidence based psychiatry has issued a formal complaint against the Royal College of Psychiatry.  The gist of this complaint is that the Royal College of Psychiatry has misled the public by making the statement that "for the vast majority of patients any unpleasant symptoms experienced on discontinuing ADs have been resolved within 2 weeks of stopping treatment".  Evidence has proved otherwise and to mislead the public like this has grave consequences. 

Basically all I am saying is that us people using this forum at best have felt very alone.  Our symptoms have been dismissed by big backers and big mouths in the medical profession.  However there is a voice getting stronger and louder which is on our side; and not before time.  And that voice is CEP - the Council for Evidence- based Psychiatry 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.