Taking over my life :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone I'm new to this site and was hoping for some reassurances. I have been suffering from health anxiety for a few years after going for loads of tests and paying for them to be done I have finally accepted that all the symptoms I get is anxiety, I haven't had a panic attack for a few weeks up until tonight. As in drifting off to sleep I get what I can only describe as a surge of adrenaline through my body and it jolts me up, and sends me in a right panic every time I try to relax my heart feels like it's missing beats and it making everything worse ☹️.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I get these. It sucks to have totally good days only to be scared with another panic attack.. Some days I still need reassurance (like this morning for example I had a shoulder and rib pain that naturally I assumed was me dying), but usually I can say "oh, a heart palp, oh well" or "well I am due for some anxiety today". It helps when your body realizes you aren't going to get scared.. The fact you know it is anxiety related should tell you that it's ok.. Just let it run it's course and move on from it. Learn to ignore them sometimes, they'll start happening less and less once your mind realizes you wont be afraid.. To get rid of the adrenaline, take a walk, move your arms around, anything to get rid of some of that extra burst of energy.. It'll help it calm down much quicker. As long as you have gotten tested and everything is healthy, don't worry. I know easier said than done, but trust me!
  • Posted

That is what anxiety is all about adrenaline and blood flow.

Its basically a switch in your brain that is broken it is telling you your in danger when your not and the fight or flight mechanism 

Medication is an option distracting yourself when attacks happen a good diet and exercise/meditation are all good.

Consider therapy it teaches you how to cope and manage it

Stay Strongcry

• Posted

I wish I could be sure my symptoms were "only anxiety". I don't have many full blown panic attacks but do feel "stressy" most of the time.

Strange numb feeling in my face and neck and a foggy brain..

taking over my life....

Sxx

• Posted

I dont think any anxiety sufferers would refer to it as ONLY ANXIETY

Anxiety is a nasty illness but it cant kill you.

People have to train there brain that the symptoms they are getting are psychosimatic they are annoying they do stop us doing things but they cant harm us

For evample when my anxiety first started I used to crawl into bed thinking I was having a heart attack,after have lots of test done and and came back clear instead of crawling into bed I go for a brisk walk and it helps 100%cheesygrin

• Posted

sorry but that's why I put "ONLY ANXIETY" in inverted commas.

Believe me, Lynne  I wouldn't wish this on anybody.

Diagnosed 14 years ago with depression an GAD, I'm still struggling every day...just lately never seem to have a good day.

I'm on medication so will talk to the pdoc when I see her in 3 weeks.

The only time I feel a bit reasonable is in the evening, maybe it is the thought of going to bed later.wink

take care enjoy your walks.

Sxx

• Posted

17 years of depression then anxiety only started in December  but throughout my depression I always managed to hold down a job 2 months into anxiety and I had to resign

It sucks

Stay Strongcry

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.