Taking Sertraline 50mg, Mirtazapine 7.5mg, Propranol 20mg.

Posted , 1 user is following.

My main issue is anxiety. I am currently taking Sert. 50mg, Mirt 7.5mg, prop 20mg, each day. Sert and prop in the afternoon, Mirt at night. I read that low dose Mirt is best for sleep so Ive been taking half of the prescribed 15. I have had a chronic insomnia problem for quite a while and the mirt is working brilliantly for it. I ran out one night, and couldnt sleep atall.

However my current dosages are giving little anxiety benefit. I feel intense physical anxiety doing things like playing a violent video game or watching sport on tv, not every time when watching, but often enough its really a problem. And also at work (work from home), any slight or perceived issue at work can send me into a panic, which i really can't calm down from. Even if the problem is sorted quickly, for hours I will still feel worked up from it.

I've spoken to my doctor to increase my sertraline dose to 75mg, I've been going up very slowly because the initial side effects and side effects when raising dose I've struggled with alot. I'm writing here I guess because I'm wondering has anyone had success with the combination of sertraline and mirtazapine, what would be a good dose for anxiety when combining the two? or would just taking 1 of the 2 be better? I'm just a little unsure on what future steps to take, I just know I need to change something as for the last 5 months I've mostly just been surviving. I don't want to live like this for much longer I need to find a way to get more relief. Appreciate any advice or experience people can offer.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.